IDC prerequisites and documentation
Please have all originals with you to present as well as a copy of each to leave in the IDC file!
- Be a certified PADI DM or Assistant Instructor, or have an equivalent certification from other recreational diving organizations.
- Minimal age requirement: 18 years old — ID/Passport verification.
- Provide the PADI Medical Statement filled out and signed within 12 months of the beginning of the IE by a physician (the physician signing the release form cannot be the IDC candidate) — PADI Medical Statement.
- At least 6 months prior to the beginning of the IDC be a certified diver with a minimum of 60 logged dives (log book) with documented experience in underwater navigation, night and deep dives.
NB: to be allowed to partake in the IE you must have a minimum of 100 logged and documented dives.
- Provide proof of completion within the last 24 months of medical rescue course for grown ups and children — EFR (or equivalent).
NB: to be allowed to partake in the IE you must be a certified EFR instructor.
- Full set of diving certifications – from entry level (OWD) to management level (DM), be it PADI certifications or equivalent certifications from other recreational diving training organizations.
- 3 passport type photos, taken no later than 6 months ago.
- Your personal diving CV.
- If you intend to partake in the EANx Specialty Instructor training, you need to be EANx certified.